- We take your information seriously.
- We may collect some information on you, but allow you to control how much you share about yourself.
- We do not collect information from children under 13 years of age.
- If we use a third party to assist us, they will be bound to protect your information.
- In certain legal situations, we may be compelled to disclose your personal information, but we will let you know if that occurs.
- If you are outside the United States, you understand and agree that we store your information in the United States.
- We will uphold the rights of and provide options for controlling private information to our members and users.
What We Collect
What Is “Personal Identifiable Information” (or PII)?
(PII) stands for Personally Identifiable Information and is data that directly or indirectly identifies you.
What data might we collect or ask for?
ICEAA asks for your personal data and contact information in order to deliver the benefits of your ICEAA membership to you.
Our partners may also ask for your data in order for you to get the most out of related products and services such as our mobile app or for the purposes disclosed to you at the time your data is collected. When using the app, you may provide personal data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, login, phone number, and/or address. You control how much information you provide to us.
When using the app, you can also decide to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition, you can fill out an “about me” form or some similarly-designated area that allows you to provide additional information about yourself as well as respond to posts, comments, survey/poll responses or other app-related functions or features. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with ICEAA, other attendees, and to the public.
The only data we actively collect beyond the contact information you provide when logging in to the app is non-identity data such as your mobile device ID number, your operating system, browser type, carrier/provider, language, geographic region, device type, screen size, and the date and time of your visited the app or website. We may also collect information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
Your data, whether personal or technical, may be used to:
- to diagnose and fix issues.
- to respond to your queries or requests.
- to administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us.
- to provide you with information about the event that you are attending.
- to enable app features such as check-ins, surveys/polls, push notifications, private in-app chat messaging, agenda sessions, exhibitors, recommendations, speakers and locations.
- to pre-populate app fields such as conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists and location information.
- to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- for analytics and market research purposes to improve our services, develop new products, and launch services for other purposes.
- to send emails or push notifications in relation to your membership or an event.
- to process complaints and handling disputes.
- to anticipate and resolve problems with any of our products or services.
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when ICEAA has a good faith belief that our cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures.
With whom might we share your personal data?
ICEAA does not share your personal data with third parties unless we have a good reason to do so. These are the rare cases in which we may share your data include:
- Technology Partners – We may share your information with third-party web, mobile app or other developers for the purposes of enhancing our products and services. These partners will not use your information for any marketing or purposes whatsoever unless on behalf of ICEAA.
- Event Attendees – When you use the ICEAA app, other users of the app may be able to see limited information such as your profile, contact info you share, and social sharing activity. Apart from your first name, last name, and company, we do not actively share your personal data within the app. As an attendee, you have the option to remove or update your contact info. Attendees can be classified as users, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, or staff.
- Exhibitors & Sponsors – We will share your contact information with sponsors and exhibitors of the ICEAA events that you attend.
- Our Service Providers – We engage our trusted third-party service providers for push notification services, email hosting, server hosting, and analytics providers to help us analyze and improve our services.
- Compliance With Applicable Law – We may share information in its possession with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will access and disclose any personal information collected to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ICEAA or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Do I have a choice?
Without providing your personal information to ICEAA, we will have no way to deliver membership benefits to you; however, you have the option to mark your email address and mailing address as “do not contact” on your ICEAA profile.
When using our mobile apps, you are not required to provide personal information to access the app, but not doing so may limit the features available to you on the app. To limit additional data collection, you may to disable the location settings on your camera or phone while using the app.
Do we use analytics?
We may provide some non-personal information to our service providers who help us understand how you use the mobile app. ICEAA actively protects your usage anonymity and does not distribute personally identifiable information when analyzing data habits.
For example, ICEAA may record the frequency and scope of your use of the mobile app, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the app, the pages that you visited on it, information that you have read, content that you reviewed or created, profiles that you viewed or clicked, your contact with other users and third parties, the IP address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the mobile device if online, and the geographic region of the mobile device or system that you are using to access the mobile app. Other data includes your device ID #, operating system, browser type, carrier provider, language, device type, screen size, and the date and time of your visited the app, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view.
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers.
There are a variety of tools available to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, including browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons. Your browser and other choices may impact your experiences with our products.
Public and Social Info
There are some features you may choose to use within the app which may be public through the app. Please note that the login you choose will be used to identify you when you use the mobile app. Your name or username might be included along with any information you submit for posting. Here are some examples:
Comments, photos, and videos which you submit or comment on are considered public information and may be copied or further distributed by others. If you submit any personal information for display in public areas, other people who visit the mobile app may see it.
Connecting with Social Media:
If you link your ICEAA profile or app login to third-party social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, or third-party social media plug-ins and applications, you are allowing us to have access to both personal and non-personal information from your social media profile. By linking these profiles to your ICEAA profile or app username, you are allowing other members and event attendees to view those profiles.
Attendees, Speakers, Sponsors, and Exhibitors Listing:
ICEAA distributes the attendee roster to the attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors of those events. Not being listed will limit your networking opportunities with your colleagues before, during, and after the event. If you wish to be removed from the attendee roster, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
13 and up.
If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an ICEAA profile or use one of our mobile apps. ICEAA will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information at email@example.com
Changing our policy.
ICEAA is not responsible for situations in which an end user misplaces their mobile device, shares their login credentials with third parties, or chooses to post information to third party networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
ICEAA has security measures to help protect the information under our control:
ICEAA works in good faith to protect your personal information and to ensure the security of your communications on our systems by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect on our website or mobile apps. However, we cannot ensure or warrant that any information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure and you do so at your own risk.
Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others. Although ICEAA tries to keep your information safe, it relies on the statements of those vendors regarding the safety and security of their storage equipment and services as part of its evaluation. By using our mobile apps, you agree that ICEAA is not responsible if our partners’ storage equipment or services fail to safegaurd your information.
Retention and deletion
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.
- Remove or update personal information that you have provided, or delete your personal information from our files. You can always update your information by logging in to your ICEAA profile or to the mobile app.
- If your child under 13 has sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files.
- If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person.
You may send other requests, responses, questions, and complaints by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to ICEAA at 4115 Annandale Road, Suite 306, Annandale, VA 22003