The International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association is a 501(c)(6) international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing, encouraging, promoting and enhancing the profession of cost estimating and analysis, through the use of parametrics and other data-driven techniques.
Purpose of the Association
Advancing, encouraging, promoting and enhancing the profession of cost estimating and analysis through the use of parametrics and other data-driven techniques by:
- Fostering the professional growth of its members within the allied fields of estimating and analysis.
- Enhancing the understanding and appreciation of using data-driven estimating and analysis techniques throughout allied fields and the general population.
- Providing educational opportunities to practitioners in cost and parametric estimating and analysis, as well as with allied fields.
- Establishing standards in terminology, conduct, and application of estimating and analysis techniques.
- Developing the means to achieve and measure established standards.
- Recognizing achievement through an appropriate program of recognition and certification.
- Providing forums and media through which experiences with all of the principles and techniques associated with data-driven cost estimating and analysis may be reported, discussed, and published in furtherance of the public interest.
- Fostering, promoting, and conducting research in all estimating and analysis techniques.
- Developing and maintaining standards of proficiency and ethics.
- Cooperating with other national and international organizations and individuals, having common or related proposes, in furtherance of the public interest.
ICEAA Members Code of Ethics:
AS A MEMBER I WILL:
- Assure my professional reputation for competence and integrity
- Avoid any conduct that would reflect unfavorably on the dignity or honor of the profession
- Submit accurate and objective analyses and accept responsibility for my efforts
- Promote cooperation among members of the profession, extending consideration and courtesies to all
- Assist fellow analysts in their professional development, advance the art of cost estimating and analysis, and actively participate in the educational process
- Improve the effectiveness and stature of the profession by exchanging information and experience with others
- Encourage participation in career-oriented activities and work to expand public knowledge of and appreciation for the profession
Operation of the Association
The International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association is a nonprofit organization chartered by the State of Virginia and operated by the Board of Directors and the International Business Office. Revenue is derived from the dues of individual members, a part of which is refunded to the chapters for their operation. Funds are also raised by conducting seminars, workshops and conferences and through the sale of publications and other educational materials.
As an association that represents a global membership, ICEAA feels compelled to make explicitly clear our commitment to diversity, understanding, and inclusion. Diversity within our membership is ICEAA’s greatest strength. It fosters a sharing of ideas, innovation, creativity, and empathy. We are committed to being an equitable community that acknowledges differences, encourages inclusion, and uplifts every voice. We welcome you to keep an open dialogue with your family and friends, use your voice, and show support. As an international collection of experts in estimating the cost of everything imaginable, we can unequivocally say that nothing is more valuable than human life.
ICEAA Bylaws (amended March 2021)
ICEAA Constitution (amended April 2019)
2019-2021 Strategic Plan (PDF)
ICEAA Code of Ethics (PDF)
Origins of ICEAA
Visit our Origins of ICEAA page for a detailed account of ICEAA’s history.
Dues Change Notification April 1, 2015 (PDF)